Thursday, January 27, 2011

Spaghetti Aglio Olio



I love aglio olio. I almost only order that whenever I'm at a pasta cafe/restaurant. I've been trying to make it on my own at home but i always end up making it too dry or sometimes too oily. Finally got it right this time! well, at least, I like my version:) The amazing thing about aglio olio is u can add in any accompanying ingredient and it still tastes gooooood. The power of GARLIC! haha. But you still want to be careful. If you are adding in prawns or scallop, you should fry it in the garlic olive oil FIRST before doing the pasta and the rest of the stuff. Set it aside and serve it with the pasta at the end:) This prevents the prawns or scallops becoming too overcooked and tough.

Ingredients:

Pasta enough for one person(boil it in salted water)
3-4 cloves of garlic(yes, be generous with the garlic)
Olive oil(enough to cover the pan, but if u like it oily u can add more)
Italian herbs( i bought the dried Masterfoods Italian herbs, use fresh ones if u can, might turn out even better)
Chilli padi(deseeded and sliced)
asparagus(my fav)
prawns or whatever u like in your pasta.
Parmesan cheese

Fry the garlic in olive oil and add in your food ingredients.Add the chilli padi and salt. Toss.
When food is ready, add in the pasta. Toss it well.

Lastly, add in the italian herbs. Mix parmesan cheese in the pasta before serving. Quick and simple:) But takes a bit of practise to get the heat and tossing right. Go experiment:)

No comments:

Post a Comment